[Biojava-dev] Problems with parameter change event notification in profile HMM (2)

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 17 18:16:19 EDT 2003

Hi All,

Change event forwarding was a bit of a mess in the dp package. It's
marginaly more readable now. At least my unit tests pass. I think this
fix should probably be ported to the 1.3 branch - could somebody say
yay/nay? The affected files are:

dp:
   MarkovModel
   SimpleEmissionState
   SimpleMarkovModel
   WMAsMM
utils:
   AbstractChangeable
   ChangeForwarder

and the extra tests are:

dp:
   EmissionStateEventTest
   MarkovModelEventTest
   EventCounter

I think we need a best-practice document for developers implementing
event forwarding. Then, we need to roll this out accross the files.
However, I remember getting burned last year while doing something similar.

Matthew