[Biojava-dev] NCBI MegaBlast XML

David Huen smh1008 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 17 01:48:26 EDT 2003

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Schreiber, Mark wrote:

> Hmm, it would seem that the NCBI blast dtd has changed greatly from what
> it once was. (see http://www.ncbi.nih.gov/dtd) does anyone know if this
> is compatible with the BJ BlastXMLParsers?

Could someone post some specimens of the new output and I will see what's
the most parsimonious change(!) that will cause the parser to parse it.  I
just hope they have not changed semantics for the strandedness....  The
last one was a surprising but if they make it rational now it will break
many things.:-)

Regards,
David H.
P.S. I'm on a course for the rest of the week so i won't be able to fix it
immediately but if it's not drastically changed, it should be possible to
fix it pretty quickly.  Then again, someone else may wish to run with this
one instead.