[Biojava-dev] CrossProductAlphabet index breaking Serialization

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 29 15:29:01 EST 2003

Schreiber, Mark wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I am getting a different error now, very strange one too. Details are below. JDK 1.3.1 on True64, Maybe I need to switch to 1.4??
>
> org.biojava.bio.symbol.IllegalSymbolException: Can't find symbol for [org.biojava.bio.symbol.IntegerAlphabet$IntegerSymbol at 275, org.biojava.bio.s
> ymbol.AlphabetManager$WellKnownAtomicSymbol at 8076f38] in alphabet (DNA x SubIntegerAlphabet[0..99])

weird - the symbol is of the form (5,A) but the alphabet is (DNA x
[0..99] which presumably likes things of the form (A,5). Found a
potential bug that seems to remove the symptom. Writing JUnit regression
tests now.

Matthew

--
BioJava Consulting LTD - Support and training for BioJava
http://www.biojava.co.uk