[Biojava-dev] traceviewer and phred scores

Schreiber, Mark mark.schreiber at agresearch.co.nz
Tue Feb 25 11:49:45 EST 2003

Hi -

My reccomendation would be to make a class like ABITrace renderer that
uses the Phred Scores to calculate the size of the peaks rather than the
ABIScores.

The other approach would be to align the two. In BioJava you can do a
pairwise alignment using an HMM (I think there is an example in Demos).
I think that the first option is best the ABITrace and the Phred scores
are somewhat disjunct due to the post processing Phred does.

- Mark

sender immediately.