[Biojava-dev] abi trace viewer

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 18:52:58 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I stumbled uppon the abi package today - someone came
to me with 40 trace fiels and said they wanted them
blasted. No fasta ;-)

So, in a fit of righeous boredom, I decided to write a
trace renderer. It's checked in as
org.biojava.bio.gui.sequence.AbiTraceRenderer, and
there's a demo seqviewer.TraceViewer that shows that
it doesn't crash.

In principle this means that we can render trace info
as a lane in any sequence display. In practice, I
guess sometimes we will have traces for only portions
of a file, or multiple traces for a single region.
Mmm. Trace features? Anyway, if anyone gets keen, feel
free to take this for a spin and/or fix it for these
use-cases.

Matthew