[Bio-packaging] GNU Guix update

Ricardo Wurmus ricardo.wurmus at mdc-berlin.de
Sun Jul 5 07:50:52 UTC 2015

> Since June 21st some significant work went into GNU Guix. Of
> interest are:

Thank you for the list!

> Finally, the coming week is the 2015 codefest/BOSC in Dublin
>
>     http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/BOSC_2015
>
> I hope to put in a good word for GNU Guix and biopackaging.

Originally, I planned to participate and get a poster + lightening talk
slot, but then something came up and I had to abandon these plans.

Another thing that might be useful for sysadmins is the paper
“Reproducible and User-Controlled Software Environments in HPC with
Guix” that Ludo and I wrote for RepPar 2015.  Here’s the news item on
Savannah:

    https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=8307

~~ Ricardo