[Open-bio-l] Sanger FASTQ format and the Solexa/Illumina variants

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at drycafe.net
Fri Dec 18 11:25:03 EST 2009

Congratulations! I'm delighted and truly pleased to see this come out
of our community of member projects. Kudos to the team for taking this
work all the way through to writing it up formally for publication &
archival for everyone's benefit.

	-hilmar

On Dec 18, 2009, at 10:30 AM, Peter Cock wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I’m delighted to announce an open access publication in Nucleic Acids
> Research describing the FASTQ file format based on the conventions
> agreed by the OBF projects (largely on this mailing list):
>
>  The Sanger FASTQ file format for sequences with quality scores,
>  and the Solexa/Illumina FASTQ variants.
>  Peter J. A. Cock (Biopython), Christopher J. Fields (BioPerl),
>  Naohisa Goto (BioRuby), Michael L. Heuer (BioJava)
>  and Peter M. Rice (EMBOSS).
>  Nucleic Acids Research, doi:10.1093/nar/gkp1137
>
> This open access publication will hopefully serve as a reference
> describing the original standard Sanger FASTQ, and the two variants
> from Solexa/Illumina, and how to inter-convert between them.
>
> Peter
>
> P.S. This was also posted on the OBF news server:
> http://news.open-bio.org/news/2009/12/nar-fastq-format/

: Hilmar Lapp -:- Durham, NC -:- hlapp at drycafe dot net :