[BioSQL-l] release ready?

Morten Lindow morten at binf.ku.dk
Thu Jun 12 11:11:43 EDT 2003

> This would not necessarily solve your problem though if your
> problem is
> putting the right package versions together. bioperl 1.2.1 has been
> released, and 1.2.2 which would contain a couple of fixes especially
> useful for bioperl-db is pending.
For a start I think that non-developers - like myself - would be happy
with a package containing versions of biosql, bioperl-db and bioperl
that together is able to correctly populate a database with common flat
file formats.  Then we can hit it directly with DBI or another generel
interface and wait for the more fancy adaptor/object-stuff to be
documented.

If anyone can point me to specific tarballs of the components and a
load_seqdatabase.pl script that works flawlessly I would be happy to try
it out and write a little updated how-to from a potential user's
perspective.

Morten