[BioSQL-l] Oracle support...

Len Trigg len at reeltwo.com
Fri Aug 1 10:58:58 EDT 2003

Hilmar Lapp wrote:
> An optional complete map to the biosql names (where possible) would
> minimize naming problems then, except for those that cannot be
> eliminated.

I have committed my Oracle support to BioJava CVS. This corresponds to
the mysql-port schema I posted, (where I altered the sequence names
altered to be compatible with the synonyms created by the Symgene
schema). As far as I can see, the only thing now preventing BioJava
from also working with the Symgene schema is the difference in naming
convention for primary and foreign keys, and the two reserved words
mentioned earlier.

Do you have suggestions for how to address the key naming? I guess the
obvious options are to either standardize on the same naming
convention, special case the symgene naming in the BioJava code, or
maybe oracle has some method to provide an alias for them.

Cheers,
Len.