[BioSQL-l] Re: Postgres version support

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 18:23:11 -0700

<snip/>

> one chaneg i made in bioperl-db was treating db_xrefs in the
> feature table
> as both dbxrefs and seqfeature_qualifier_values

Yeah I've seen this in the logs. I was going to introduce this on the main trunk as well.

> i haven't tested the mysql->pg converters on the latest mysql schema
> Hilmar has added to the repository. ideally i'd like to see
> us move to a
> schema neutral format and add all those Type=InnoDB to the converter.

That'd certainly be preferable. Then one could also have a more powerful description language for the schema.

What I did is modify the converter's grammar to recognize the Type=XXX syntax (and ignore it in Pg output). BTW asking the converter to produce Mysql format was (and still is) broken, not sure who ever used that.

The MAGEstk folks in fact came up with a XML-schema definition for describing a schema, and a corresponding converter to DDL of particular flavors (which I believe so far is Pg only, not sure). Jason, correct me if this description is too sloppy.

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org