[BioRuby] [pjotr.prins at gmail.com: Revitalizing SciRuby]

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Wed Apr 19 13:35:22 EDT 2023

On Wed, Apr 19, 2023 at 06:26:07PM +0100, Peter Cock wrote:
> I'm enjoying Mastodon [*], and have tried Matrix - not sure either is going
> to come close to the historic public mailing list archives as a record of
> past discussions though? Slack certainly fails that test.

Mastodon and matrix being free software projects are easy to log and
create archives. Slack appears to make it a business feature to log
stuff, i.e. pay for it and you get the option.

These days matrix is as good as Slack in my opinion. We use it a lot
for day2day stuff.  But yes, logging is important, so we'd need a log
feed/actor. All doable.

Sunday we can discuss how we want to move forward.

Pj.