[Biopython] Suggestion for a new biopython logo

Leighton Pritchard Leighton.Pritchard at hutton.ac.uk
Wed May 10 12:48:59 UTC 2017

Hi Patrick,

The changes don’t work for me. The tongues are thin and I think they’re likely to get lost a bit in smaller renderings/printing; the light/dark colours don’t seem to signify anything, and could look weird in greyscale renderings (see attached).

I think you nailed it a couple of versions ago: that was a smooth, clean, elegant design employing two complementary colours that references the blue/yellow of the official Python logo, and the DNA helix. Really nice!

What’s the font, BTW? Do you know the licensing arrangements or if it's free for non-commercial use?

Cheers,

L.