[Biopython] Writing a paper about python scripts

Damian Menning dmenning at mail.usf.edu
Thu Jan 19 23:36:55 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

  I just started writing a paper to describe the usage of Python/Biopython
scripts I wrote to design primers and custom databases specific to groups
of fish.  I don't want it to be written like a manual but I do want to
explain the process so that others can use the scripts and repeat the
process on their own organisms.  My problem is I have never written a paper
like this and am having a hard time finding papers to use as a general
guide.  If anyone has any suggestions on papers I could use as a general
guide I would appreciate it.

  Thank you

  Damian

--
Damian Menning, Ph.D.

"There are two types of academics. Those who use the Oxford comma, those
who don't and those who should."

Standard comma - You know Bob, Sue and Greg? They came to my house.
Oxford comma - You know Bob, Sue, and Greg? They came to my house.
Walken Comma - You know, Bob, Sue, and Greg? They came, to my house.
Shatner comma - You, know, Bob, Sue, and Greg? They, came, to my house.