[Biopython] Community help needed to verify checksums for past releases

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed May 18 13:47:12 UTC 2016

Lots of progress :)

Another contributor pointed out that archive.org actually does
record binary files, and I was able to download almost all of the
past releases from them and compare them to the files from the
old web server - and everything matched.

We're still missing independent verification of just a handful of
files which I have not yet put online on the new website:

biopython-1.30.win32-py2.2.exe
biopython-1.30.win32-py2.3.exe
biopython-1.30.win32-py2.4.exe
biopython-1.62.win32-py2.5.exe
biopython-1.62.win32-py2.6.exe
biopython-1.62.win32-py2.7.exe
biopython-1.62.win32-py3.3.exe
biopython-1.63b.win32-py2.6.exe
biopython-1.63b.win32-py2.7.exe
biopython-1.63b.win32-py3.3.exe
biopython-Mac.sit

If you have a copy of any of these, please get in touch by emailing
me, or the mailing list, or via this GitHub issue:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython.github.io/issues/7

Thank you,

Peter

(Apologies if you're on the biopython-dev mailing list too, this is
essentially repeating my earlier message sent there.)