[Biopython] biopython parse for KEGG gene file

Leighton Pritchard Leighton.Pritchard at hutton.ac.uk
Wed May 18 08:06:18 UTC 2016

Hi Nafiz,

My understanding is that you are correct, with respect to parsing files from the local filesystem (I may be wrong though…).

There is an alternative way to get access to KEGG data through the online REST API, and there’s a summary/set of worked examples for this interface here: https://github.com/widdowquinn/notebooks/blob/master/Biopython_KGML_intro.ipynb that I hope you might find useful. Since KEGG adopted a subscription model, I’ve used this interface for all my KEGG work.

Best wishes,

L.