[Biopython] module SearchIO status

Wibowo Arindrarto bow at bow.web.id
Mon Oct 12 09:48:51 UTC 2015

Hi Bertrand, Peter,

Hmmer 3.1 beta output is indeed not fully tested yet. This is more about
making sure the small edge cases in the file format is covered, however,
and thus I also expect no changes to the API in this regard.

There is still one issue in which the API *may* be affected, which is
related to Issue 367 (https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/367).
This may slightly change the way the HSPFragment object is represented when
parsing exonerate files with split codons. I do not expect this to affect
the other file formats, however.

So there are still two open issues at least, but no expected major API
changes.

Do we have a timeline for the next release, by the way? I could possibly
close those if there is still enough time..

Cheers,
Bow