[Biopython] In Silico ~PCR

Horea Christian h.chr at mail.ru
Wed May 13 11:47:17 UTC 2015

 I recently started working on a function for in silico PCR. Basically
this identifies potential(ly unwanted) amplicons.

I have implemented some basic paralellization for the function, and it
can currently PCR against the whole mouse genome in about 20min on my
laptop. I guess I could make it even faster by not BLASTing both primers
against the whole genome, but just BLASTing one, and then BLASTing the
second downstream of the first (the function takes a maximum amplicon
length argument).

Do you think this could be a worthwhile thing to include in biopython?

Best Regards,
Christian

--
Horea Christian, M.Sc.