[Biopython] Google Summer of Code 2015, call for project idea and mentors.

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 19 07:31:45 UTC 2015

Hello Biopythoneers,

We've had a number of interesting and successful Biopython GSoC
student projects over the years - and hopefully more to come.

This year Raoul & Francesco (active in the BioRuby project) are
the OBF GSoC Administrators.

I trust you all saw their email on Monday? As part of preparing the
OBF application to be a GSoC 2015 organisation, we need to
put forward some project ideas on the wiki page.

Any ideas? If you are a potential mentor and have a project idea
that is ideal, and we should put these ideas on the wiki soon.

Equally, if you are potential student and have an idea for a project
you would like to do, please feel free to write to the biopython-dev
mailing list, or if you prefer email any likely potential mentors directly.

Regards,

Peter