[Biopython] Extracting a PDB list

Téletchéa Stéphane stephane.teletchea at univ-nantes.fr
Wed Feb 11 12:40:41 UTC 2015

Le 10/02/2015 22:35, PC a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I do know about PISCES lists but I want a list of PDB's without any chain breaks.
>
> Is there such a list or a way to obtain such a list?
>
> Thank you.

Something as simple as :
1 - grep 'MISSING RESIDUES' *.pdb ?
2 - reverse the list ...

For instance in many pdb files you will get a line "REMARK 465 MISSING
RESIDUES"...

See more here -> http://www.wwpdb.org/documentation/procedure.php#toc_9

Of course this is a rough approach, but using bio.PDB to extract chains
and searching for missing residues in this
chain will certainly get most of the job done :-)

Best,

Stéphane

--
Lecturer, UFIP, UMR 6286 CNRS, Team Protein Design In Silico
UFR Sciences et Techniques, 2, rue de la Houssinière, Bât. 25, 44322 Nantes cedex 03, France