[Biopython] Python equivalent of the Perl String::Approx module for approximate matching?

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 18:43:10 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 8:28 PM, Kevin Rue <kevin.rue at ucdconnect.ie> wrote:
> HI Tal,
>
> To answer your question, I currently don't expect any deletion indeed. It is
> possible that other users would like that feature, maybe me in the future.
> Therefore, this code could be a very convenient temporary fix that I could
> include directly in the code as an annex function. Thank you very much. I'll
> have a closer look at how it works to teach myself :)

If anyone else on this list thinks this would be useful, I'd be happy
to publish it as a publicly available library. For now, consider the
code I posted freely available in the public domain (i.e. use it at
will but don't take credit for it in my stead and don't sell it
without my consent).

> Now, in a moment of inspiration, am I wrong in saying that similarly, a case
> where no insertion is allowed would be the same problem while switching
> sequence1 and sequence2 in the function call?

Indeed, you are correct :)

- Tal Einat