[Biopython] Adding SVM in biopython

Vishnu Chilakamarri vishnuc11j93 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 08:32:25 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am currently working in a project to predict the GTP binding sites given
an amino acid sequence. The classification algorithm I'm using is SVM. As
of now I'm using SVM-light and python's scikit library for classification
and evaluating the model. For adding this in biopython we can use libSVM as
it has a python interface which can be used for this purpose.I would like
to discuss the feasibility of adding this in biopython's library and also
evaluation metrics such as F1 score and MCC.

Thank you,
Vishnu Chilakamarri