[Biopython] amazon aws

christopher shaffer cdshaffer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 17:52:54 UTC 2014

Jessica,
I am not going to spam the biopython list as this is off topic, but you
might want to look at the iPlant collaborative. This is an NSF funded
"cyberinfrastructure" that has an AWS like service called Atmospheres. It
is all free to registered users. They have recently been expanding from
plant bioinformatics by adding more support for microbs and animals so
there is a good chance they have a machine that has what you need.

They appear to be down for maintenance right now, but once they are back up
you could check through all the virtual machines and see if any have what
you need.

I just created an account myself so I am afraid I don't know much more but
I was quite impressed with the "overview of iPlant" webinar I attended last
week.

Chris Shaffer
Biology
Washington Univ in St. Louis
P.S. I have no connection to iPlant except as an interested user.