[Biopython] OrthoXML parser?

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 16:12:22 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

Biopython has SeqXML support in SeqIO in recent releases thanks to Thomas
Schmidt. We don't parse OrthoXML yet, mainly because there's no special
support for ortholog groups as an object type yet in Biopython. But you can
get the raw information from an OrthoXML file using the ElementTree module:
http://docs.python.org/2/library/xml.etree.elementtree.html

Cheers,
Eric