[Biopython] PDB occupancy behavior

Sampson, Jared Jared.Sampson at nyumc.org
Thu Aug 8 20:30:31 UTC 2013

Thanks, Lenna and João -

I also agree, 1.0 is a better default occupancy value.  For most structural manipulation purposes, unless specified otherwise, we must assume the atoms listed are present in the structure at full occupancy.  Setting a reduced occupancy can be useful for partially bound ligands, disordered loops, and so forth, but doing so is the exception, not the rule.

Cheers,
Jared

--
Jared Sampson