[Biopython] Getting side chain atoms?

Mark Livingstone livingstonemark at gmail.com
Wed May 30 03:09:41 UTC 2012

Hi Guys,

I notice on the wiki that it says the mailing list is at
biopython at biopython.org, but when I suscribed it said to use
biopython at lists.open-bio.org, so I'm wondering what the difference is?

What is the simplest way to get a list of the side chain atoms given
say a residue number?

Also, not entirely related to Biopython, but I'm wondering if there is
some way to get a sense of the overall shape of a protein? Like is it
globular, a big string, a sheet or what? I can see if you looked at
the bounding box, that might be a starting point, but does anyone have
any other ideas? I habe been looking at it as a geometry type problem
but haven't gotten too far yet.

Thanks in advance,

MarkL