[Biopython] creating atom list

Bala subramanian bala.biophysics at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 10:35:19 UTC 2012

Friends,
1) Sorry if this question is repeated. I want to create an atom list
for super-imposition, what i understand from documentation and
examples given on the net is that i have to loop through
model-chain-residues to create a list of atoms that i need. Is there
any way to select CA or backbone atoms in a single line rather looping
over the SMCRA hierarchy. Once i create a structure object, i just
want to create a list of its backbone atoms.

2) I could nt do a search in the biopython user forum for previous
questions posted on a topic. I looked in the following link provided
in Biopython wiki. Am i looking at the wrong link,

http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/

Thanks,
Bala

--