[Biopython] request to solve unistallation and installation biopython in two version of python under ubantu linux vertually in window7 using Oracle box.

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 10 18:53:44 UTC 2011

On Saturday, September 10, 2011, kakchingtabam pawankumar sharma wrote:

> Dear Pete,r u mean to say is that python 3 is not possible to use
biopython
> package. but i was reading a book called PYTHON FOR BIOINFORMATICS 2010
> edition.  this author taught us using biopython in python3 version. they
> kept emphasising the reader to learn python3 version.

Which book is that please? e.g. Author name? Publisher?

I'm a bit surprised there is a book out recommending using
Biopython with Python 3 (given we don't officially support
it yet, and don't even provide Windows installlers for
Biopython under Python 3).

We're still in a transition period where not all the major libraries
have been converted from Python 2 to Python 3, so if you
want/need to use extra Python libraries you shouldn't
automatically start with Python 3.