[Biopython] request to solve unistallation and installation biopython in two version of python under ubantu linux vertually in window7 using Oracle box.

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 17:34:06 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 1:09 PM, kakchingtabam pawankumar sharma <
pawan.mani2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Eric,I have reinstall the ubantu using oracle VM virtual box. rit now
> in my system i have python2.6 so instead of python2.6, i would like to have
> python 2.7  and 3.1. for this two separate biopython also. so kindly tel me
> the *required exact commands to instal*l in my system.

I assume you're new to Ubuntu. If the default Python installation is 2.6, I
recommend you use that instead of 2.7 for now. Using Python 3 is still OK.

Do this:

sudo aptitude install python-setuptools python3 python3-setuptools
sudo easy_install biopython
sudo easy_install3 biopython

If you really want to use 2.7 also, then figuring out how to do that will be
a fun exercise for you and you'll learn more about managing your system.

Cheers,
Eric