[Biopython] request to solve unistallation and installation biopython in two version of python under ubantu linux vertually in window7 using Oracle box.

kakchingtabam pawankumar sharma pawan.mani2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 17:04:22 UTC 2011

Dear sir,
     I have been facing a problem in removing biopython from ubantu which i
am
using virtually using oracle VM vertualBox software. i have python2.7. but i
hav
instal python3 using apt-get command. and then i install biopython using
aptget
. then i could not able to import biopython in python3. only it works in
python2.7. so i have remove python2.7 using sudo rm command. then i
uninstall
biopython using apt-get remove. then i type the command:

      $ dpkg --list | grep 'biopython'
then i got :

rF python-biopython           1.56-l     Python library for Bioinformatics
ii python-biopython           1.56-l     Documentation for the biopython
library

How to remove this two files and I have downloanded biopython tar file but
before completing i have stop and when i locate biopythone. there is a file
biopython-1.58.tar.gz.par. i want to delete this file.

I would like to know whether biopython is compatible with python.3.2.

if yes then i want to install Biopython for the two python version 2.7.2
and
3.2.

Kindly guide me to remove python3 also and I want to reinstall the two
python
version along with biopython. so that i ca used in both the version.

With best regards,
pawankumar