[Biopython] installation as non-administrator

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue May 3 11:31:31 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 11:56 AM,  <Paul.Czodrowski at merck.de> wrote:

> Dear folks,
>
> I'm struggling around with the biopython installation.
> As non-administrator, the manual states the following:
> http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/install/Installation.html#htoc30
>
> However, the setup.py (version 1.57) does not contain any entry "
> include_dirs=["Bio/Cluster", "your_dir/include/python"]
> ", but rather only "Bio" entries.
>
> (See attached file: setup.py)

You didn't really need to attach a whole file, you could have
linked to our repository or quoted the bit of interest.

> Or do I oversee anything?

What OS are you using? Some flavour of Linux?

What version of NumPy do you have, and how was it installed?

What command did you use to attempt the install, and what
error message did you get.

Have you tried the --prefix argument?

e.g.

python setup.py build