[Biopython] Antwort: Re: installation as non-administrator

Paul.Czodrowski at merck.de Paul.Czodrowski at merck.de
Tue May 3 14:38:25 UTC 2011

Dear Peter,

> > Dear folks,
> >
> > I'm struggling around with the biopython installation.
> > As non-administrator, the manual states the following:
> > http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/install/Installation.html#htoc30
> >
> > However, the setup.py (version 1.57) does not contain any entry "
> > include_dirs=["Bio/Cluster", "your_dir/include/python"]
> > ", but rather only "Bio" entries.
> >
> > (See attached file: setup.py)
>
> You didn't really need to attach a whole file, you could have
> linked to our repository or quoted the bit of interest.
I'm sorry for this!

> > Or do I oversee anything?
>
> What OS are you using? Some flavour of Linux?
OpenSuse 11.3

> What version of NumPy do you have, and how was it installed?
NumPy version 1.3.0, installed locally by the built-in python routines.

> What command did you use to attempt the install, and what
> error message did you get.
python setup.py --build
==> ERROR MESSAGE
"
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
building 'Bio.Cluster.cluster' extension
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -fomit-frame-pointer
-fmessage-length=0 -O2 -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector
-funwind-tables -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -g -fPIC
-I/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/numpy/core/include
-I/usr/include/python2.6 -c Bio/Cluster/clustermodule.c -o
build/temp.linux-i686-2.6/Bio/Cluster/clustermodule.o
Bio/Cluster/clustermodule.c:2:31: fatal error: numpy/arrayobject.h: No such
file or directory
compilation terminated.
"

> Have you tried the --prefix argument?
>
> e.g.
>
> python setup.py build
> python setup.py test
> python setup.py install --prefix=$HOME
>
> Peter

python setup.py --test
==> ERROR MESSAGE
"
python setup.py test
running test
Python version: 2.6.5 (r265:79063, Oct 28 2010, 20:56:56)
[GCC 4.5.0 20100604 [gcc-4_5-branch revision 160292]]
Operating system: posix linux2
test_Ace ... ok
test_AlignIO ... ok
test_AlignIO_convert ... ok
test_BioSQL ... /xyz: UserWarning: order location operators are not fully
supported
  % feature.location_operator)
ok
test_BioSQL_SeqIO ... ERROR
test_CAPS ... ok
test_Clustalw ... ok
test_Clustalw_tool ... skipping. Install clustalw or clustalw2 if you want
to use Bio.Clustalw.
test_Cluster ... skipping. If you want to use Bio.Cluster, install NumPy
first and then reinstall Biopython
test_CodonTable ... ok
test_CodonUsage ... ok
test_Compass ... ok
test_Crystal ... ok
test_Dialign_tool ... skipping. Install DIALIGN2-2 if you want to use the
Bio.Align.Applications wrapper.
test_DocSQL ... ok
test_Emboss ... skipping. Install EMBOSS if you want to use Bio.Emboss.
test_EmbossPhylipNew ... skipping. Install the Emboss package 'PhylipNew'
if you want to use the Bio.Emboss.Applications wrappers for phylogenetic
tools.
test_EmbossPrimer ... ok
test_Entrez ... Segmentation fault (core dumped)
"

python setup.py install --prefix=$HOME
==> the same ERROR MESSAGE as from "python setup.py build"

Cheers & thanks in advance,

Paul

otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to
any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment
from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this
message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages
resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and
any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does
not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted
therewith.

Click http://disclaimer.merck.de to access the German, French, Spanish and
Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.