[Biopython] New project for Google Summer of Code 2011

Mikael Trellet mikael.trellet at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 12:26:05 UTC 2011

Dear all,

You will find on
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/mika_el/1my
main changes, explained above ;)

> Make the link to your GitHub repository part of your 'On the
>  author' section. Reviewers will definitely want to see your
>  previous work so a sentence pointing it out will prevent it being
>  overlooked in the Additional Info section.

Done ;)

- Week 1 is the start of coding, so you should move your preparation
>  bullet points (Study/Evaluate) to the community bonding period,
>  and leave the coding period only for work.

Ok I changed the first week, adding something more concrete and allowing
longer period for the extension of IUPAC.Data, it will be an editing of an
existing module so I'll have to be careful and stuck to the previous work,
longer period isn't excessive I think.

- You mention tests in several places but without any detail.
>  Reviewers will want to see that you've thought out the
>  functionality you are planning to unit test further than "I will
>  write tests for everything."

You're completely right, I tried to be more accurate on these parts, does it
seem enough ?

> Week 11 needs some text to demonstrate how you plan to wrap things
>  up. Keep in mind that's the last thing a reviewer will read so it
>  should leave a good impression.

I developed this part, it seems to be a standard checking but I may have
forgot something obvious..?

Thanks again for your precious remarks,

Cheers,

Mikael