[Biopython] New project for Google Summer of Code 2011

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Fri Apr 8 10:34:38 UTC 2011

Mikael;
Great work on getting this together. Some last minute suggestions:

- Make the link to your GitHub repository part of your 'On the
  author' section. Reviewers will definitely want to see your
  previous work so a sentence pointing it out will prevent it being
  overlooked in the Additional Info section.

- Week 1 is the start of coding, so you should move your preparation
  bullet points (Study/Evaluate) to the community bonding period,
  and leave the coding period only for work.

- You mention tests in several places but without any detail.
  Reviewers will want to see that you've thought out the
  functionality you are planning to unit test further than "I will
  write tests for everything."

- Week 11 needs some text to demonstrate how you plan to wrap things
  up. Keep in mind that's the last thing a reviewer will read so it
  should leave a good impression.

Thanks again for all the work,
Brad