[Biopython] writing a PDB----PLEASEEEE HELP

martin djokovic martin.djokovic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 17:05:59 UTC 2010

Hello David and everyone else,

Yes David at the moment I am actually doing that-formatting the PDB into 2
models then superimposing them.
Merging the structures when they are in 2 differant PDB files is not
working.
I tried the following:
from Bio.PDB.Model import Model
model1=Model(2ndModel)
structure1.add(model1)
Its not working-I think I might have to better understand the object
"structure"
Is there a better way to merge two structures? Else I will write the 2 pdb
files as models into a single PDB then superimpose.

Another question-maybe some of you use VMD-if I open 1JOY in VMD I can only
see one of the models, I need to scroll using the scroll bar to see the
others-I cannot see them all at once.
So for running the warwick code and seeing its eefect I use RASMOL, is there
a way to look at all the models in the same time without scrolling in VMD? I
prefer VMD to RASMOL so just wondering about that.

Thanks everyone foe all the help.