[Biopython] Using ClustalW Webtool

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Nov 29 08:48:17 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 12:40 AM, Ömer AN <bounlu at gmail.com> wrote:

> One last vital question I have. I installed mafft.bat file to run an
> alignment similar to clustalw.exe. It is better for me because it has an
> option to choose the matrix such as Blosum 45 , 80 etc. However, it does not
> generate an output file by default for the alignment ! How can I create an
> output file? Which option should i switch on or what value should i assign?
> So that i can read the alignment file via AlignIO? I checked everywhere but
> couldn't find !

The Tutorial doesn't (currently) show any MAFFT examples, but you
would use the MafftCommandline wrapper class from the module
Bio.Align.Applications very similarly to how you use ClustalW with
ClustalwCommandline.

Peter

P.S. Please CC the mailing list so that other people can benefit from
the discussion, or help. Thanks!