[Biopython] Gene ontology parsing

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jul 23 09:45:11 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 8:50 AM, Bartek Wilczynski
<bartek at rezolwenta.eu.org> wrote:
> hi Timothy,
>
> I, for one, would be interested in Gene Ontology parsing. I could also help
> with reviewing the code if you worry about whether it fits to the rest of
> biopython.
>
> I think the easiest for all would be if you could make a branch of biopython
> on github including your proposed enhancements. This would allow everybody
> to see what's in there and also make changes and finally mergi it into the
> trunk.
>
> thanks for your offer
>
> Bartek

Hi Timothy & Bartek,

There are already several people working on GO stuff in branches on github,
e.g. Chris Lasher, Kyle Ellrott, Tamás Nepusz. I don't know if any of them are
doing OBO v1.2, but it would be sensible to check and try and combine efforts.