[Biopython] Publication list

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 12 21:48:27 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 7:01 PM, João Rodrigues <anaryin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Peter,
>
> Well, updating the wiki is cumbersome. Specially if done manually.
> Why not update the wiki automatically with that link you just gave?
>
> Regards,
>
> João [...] Rodrigues
> @ http://stanford.edu/~joaor/

Yes, but how?

The NCBI link could be used, or rather the Entrez API, with a script
to turn that into a list formatted for the wiki - which could then be
run every so often and manually pasted into the wiki. Perhaps with
a good understanding of PHP and mediawiki the whole thing could
be automated. However, citations via PubMed Central are a small
subset (Google scholar had about three times as many hits).

My point is even semi-automated, updating the wiki is still quite
a bit of work - and making it fully automated is also going to take
some effort.

This is why I was suggesting the lazy option of providing a few
links on the publication list.