[Biopython] Save custom structure...

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jan 6 11:35:32 UTC 2010

2010/1/5 Yasser Almeida Hernández <pedro.al at fenhi.uh.cu>:
> Hi all...
> I know a did this question before but i really need your help...
> I've selected a residue and a atom and i want to save them
> as a new .pdb file. How can i do that?
>
> Thanks

You need a structure object, and then pass that to PDBIO.
I suggest you do this via a Select class - as in your related
question about removing hydrogen atoms:
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/2009-December/006028.html
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/2010-January/006064.html

If that doesn't make sense, then perhaps you could go into
more detail? e.g. tell us which PDB file you are working with,
and show us your code so far. You could use a similar example
if you'd prefer not to talk about the real research topic.