[Biopython] Deprecating Bio.Blast.NCBIStandalone.blastall, blastpgp and rpsblast functions?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Feb 23 09:57:37 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Tanya,
>
> Thanks for the feedback - we can postpone the deprecation
> of the Bio.Blast.NCBIStandalone.blastall, blastpgp and
> rpsblast functions for one more release.
>
> Deprecation doesn't mean the functionality goes away, just
> you get a warning message that it will in a future release
> go away ;)
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter

Hi all,

I had another couple of replies off list (perhaps accidentally),
one saying they have been slowly moving over to BLAST+
anyway a deprecation warning from Biopython would
encourage them, and the second saying delaying the
deprecation warning would be appreciated.

So the tentative plan is to add deprecation warnings to
the Bio.Blast.NCBIStandalone.blastall, blastpgp and
rpsblast functions in Biopython 1.55 rather then in our
next release (which will be Biopython 1.54).

Thanks all,