[Biopython] Deprecating Bio.Blast.NCBIStandalone.blastall, blastpgp and rpsblast functions?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Feb 22 17:22:22 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Tanya Golubchik
<golubchi at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm finding that I still use the legacy blastall quite a bit -- I'd be very
> unhappy if it disappeared any time soon. Also, I attempted to use the new
> blast+ but could not immediately make it work. I didn't have time to figure
> out what was going on, but it seemed like it might have been to do with my
> installation of Biopython. At any rate, it would be good if these legacy
> commands could be left alone for the next couple of releases at least.
>
> Cheers,
> Tanya

Hi Tanya,

Thanks for the feedback - we can postpone the deprecation
of the Bio.Blast.NCBIStandalone.blastall, blastpgp and
rpsblast functions for one more release.

Deprecation doesn't mean the functionality goes away, just
you get a warning message that it will in a future release
go away ;)

Regards,