[Biopython] Code for protein alpha helix prediction

Rodrigo Faccioli rodrigo_faccioli at uol.com.br
Tue Apr 20 15:34:47 UTC 2010

Hi Frank,

I'm not sure if I understood your question. I'm computer scientist and I'm
researching globular protein structure prediction. In fact, I've studied the
application of Evolutionary Algorithms for it. Therefore, our goals are
different.

if I understood your question, you have a Fasta file of your protein.  So,
you need to communicate with databases such as NCBI, scop and CATH. In this
way, I recommend you use Entrez BioPython module. Other suggestion is the
use of BioPython Blast module.

Sorry if my answer is not what you is looking for.

Thanks,

--
Rodrigo Antonio Faccioli
Ph.D Student in Electrical Engineering