[Biopython] Code for protein alpha helix prediction

Frank Kauff fkauff at biologie.uni-kl.de
Tue Apr 20 14:27:30 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I've recently been asked to help with screening protein sequences for
certain features, something I don't really know much about... Yet!

My questions: Is there some code in Biopython that allows for a quick
check whether an amino acid sequece is likely to be a alpha helix?
Couldn't find any. Or is there an algorithm that could be
straightforwardly implemented in python, or a commandline tool that
could be called from within a python script?

Thanks in advance,
Frank