[Biopython] Removing deprecated module Bio.EUtils

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 1 17:01:20 UTC 2009

Hi all,

The Bio.Entrez module has long been our prefered interface to the NCBI
Entrez Utilities. It replaced the old Bio.EUtils module which was officially
deprecated in Biopython 1.48, released a year ago (Sept 2008).

In line with our deprecation policy, I plan to remove Bio.EUtils in the next
release.

Are there any objections? If anyone is still using the Bio.EUtils module
in old code, please feel free to ask for tips on porting this to Bio.Entrez.