[Biopython] Windows installer does not find Python 2.63 with multiple pythons

Mike Lisanke mikelisanke at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 18:19:42 UTC 2009

Peter,

The problem was python-2.6.3-amd64 for which their is a
numpy-1.3.0-win-amd64-py2.6 installer. Is there a reason NumPy and BioPython
have a specific dependency to work with the AMD64 build of python?

I had assumed python would be considered the runtime environment for numpy
and biopython and the dependency would only be language level. Its
disappointing to think these problems are only caused by registry check
dependencies in the windows installers of these applications. Thanks.

--
Best regards,

Mike