[Biopython] Combine nexus files but not concatenating them

Denzel Li denzel.dz.li at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 23:23:17 UTC 2009

Hi Peter:
Regarding the Nexus datatype supported in Bio:Nexus:Nexus, I mean nexus like
the following, where the datatype is a "mixing" of "standard" and "DNA".
According to the function Bio:Nexus:Nexus._format (line 696), these
datatypes are not supported yet. I am just wondering does the team has the
plan to support these data types.
------------
# Nexus
Begin data;
    Dimensions ntax=2 nchar=1000;
    Format datatype=mixed(Standard:1-5,DNA:6-1000) interleave=yes gap=-
missing=?;
    Matrix
[morphology]
s1 10010