[Biopython] Using SeqLocation to extract subsequence

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Nov 2 22:30:37 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 9:31 PM, Kyle Ellrott <kellrott at gmail.com> wrote:

>> You missed this thread earlier this month:
>> http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/2009-October/005695.html
>>
>> Are you on the dev mailing list? I was hoping to get a little discussion
>> going there, before moving over to the discussion list for more general
>> comment.
>
> I didn't need to do it when the original discussion came through, so it got
> 'filtered' ;-)  I guess if multiple people are asking the same question
> independently, it's probably a timely issue.
>
> I'll probably go ahead and pull the SeqRecord fork into my git fork and
> start playing around with it.

Cool - sorry if the previous email was brusque - I was in the middle
of dinner preparation and shouldn't have been checking emails.

If you just want to try the sequence extraction for a SeqFeature,
the code is on the trunk (as noted, as a function in a unit test).
My SeqRecord github branch is looking at other issues.