[Biopython] How to construct a SeqRecord with the info in the SeqFeatures type mRNA or CDS?

Carlos Javier Borroto carlos.borroto at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 17:18:17 EDT 2009

Hi,

I want to construct a SeqRecord with the sequence make from the sum of
the Locations of the SubFeatures I get from a SeqFeature type mRNA or
CDS. Does biopython has something already to do this? It looks like
something many people may want, but is proving to be king of difficult
to implement manually, so I'm wondering if is already there?

I read in the tutorial that you can splice a SeqRecord, but I can't
find a reference to how to form a SeqRecord from several different
splicing, something like:

new_record = record[1:200] + record[400:600]

thanks in advance,
--
Carlos Javier Borroto
Baltimore, MD