[BioPython] 10th year

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at genesdigitales.com
Fri Feb 6 21:22:14 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Iddo Friedberg <idoerg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess everybody is too busy to notice that biopython is into its 10th
> year now.. birthday celebrations are nine months away, Since the mailing
> lists start in September 1999. But I guess that some sort of party at
> BOSC would be nice...

Hi, the timing for this announce is right for me. In an Biopython
chapter I wrote this about Biopython history:

"It started as an idea in August of 1999, it was an initiative by Jeff
Chang and Andrew Dalke. Although they came up with the idea,
collaborators soon joined the project. Among the most active
developers, Brad Chapman, Peter Cock, Michiel de Hoon and Iddo
Friedberg stands out. The project began to take code form in February
2000 and in July of the same year the first release was made."

What do you think about this? Is there something you would like to
change on this paragraph?