[Biopython] suggestion: moving to the discussion list to Google groups

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Dec 17 13:35:25 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Giles Weaver
<giles.weaver at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I urge extreme caution with regards to using Google Groups.
> My experiences with Google Groups have been less than satisfactory.
>
> Mirroring the open-bio mailman lists onto Google Groups seems to me the
> right way to go, but I think there should be a health warning on the list
> home pages!

Thanks for the hard earned advice. I absolutely agree that *moving* to
GoogleGroups is a bad idea, and accept that *mirroring* may be worth
a try.

Given the BioPerl list is already trying this out, let's give that a week
or so, and if they think it works nicely then we could do the same for
Biopython.