[Biopython] biopython-1.53.win-amd64-py2.6

Christoph Gohlke cgohlke at uci.edu
Tue Dec 15 19:29:28 UTC 2009

On 12/15/2009 10:57 AM, Peter wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Christoph Gohlke<cgohlke at uci.edu>  wrote:
>>
>>> The fact that test_GraphicsBitmaps.py failed with a font problem
>>> is indicative of something not quite right in ReportLab and/or PIL.
>>> This is almost certainly not a Biopython problem.
>>>
>> OK, I will check Reportlab and PIL. I now remember seeing some
>> font loading issues with PIL 1.1.7 in other packages even though
>> all internal tests pass.
>
> If you are happy to investigate further, that would be great.

Turned out that the Times-Roman font is simply missing from the
reportlab 2.3 source distribution, which I used. The missing fonts can
be downloaded at <http://www.reportlab.org/ftp/pfbfer.zip> and put in
the reportlab/fonts directory. I also included these fonts in the
updated reportlab-2.3.win-amd64-py2.6.exe installer.

All tests pass now. Some tests were skipped due to missing third party
packages on my computer.

>> Thank you. Feel free to redistribute the installer if you think it is
>> good enough.
>>

> Given NumPy don't offer their own 64bit installers, and the
> possible need for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 redistributable
> package, perhaps linking to your page makes most sense
> for now. I'll update our download page if that sounds sensible.

Makes sense. The VC.CRT redistributable is usually installed with Python
and I compiled with the http://bugs.python.org/issue4120 patch.

Best,

Christoph